I’ve been reading this book by Hal Eldon called Miravle Morning. He states that 95% of people live a mediocre life. What does that mean? Mediocre people are those who go to work, do the stuff that needs to be done, go home to veg in front of the television, go to bed only to start all over again. Nothing changes. It’s always the “Oh, I’ll get to that tomorrow” or “That can wait until next week” kind of attitude and nothing really gets done.
In other words, mediocre people are not shooting to better themselves or the state of their life. It’s all fine and dandy to be content or even complacent. Are you one of those people??
I started my own business a year ago. It was my way of not being mediocre. Then I did very little to actually grow my business, hoping it would just build on its own. I’m realizing that if someone were to open a storefront, they don’t just let it sit there in hopes of customers coming in. They actually need to get out there and draw people in!
So here’s to a new week! By the way? It’s nurses week, so Happy Nurses Week to all nurses out there!! I appreciate you!!
Here’s some non-mediocre goals for the week:
- Drink 32oz of water 💦 daily (because I’ve accomplished that only once last week 😐
- Business 5/5/5 daily before noon!
- Promote for nurses week
- Promote for Asian-American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Read 1 chapter of Miracle Morning daily
- Write out my target market and research FB & Linkedin groups to follow and participate in by this Friday
- Complete daily FB live videos directed to that target market starting by this Thursday
Eek! Those are big goals for the week. Let’s get on it!! It’s almost 10am and I’m still short on the 5/5/5 for the day 😬 Hop to it!! Let’s not be the 95% mediocre anymore!!
Okay now that the weekly goals are set, let’s narrow it down to today’s goals!
- Drink 32oz water 💦
- Business 5/5/5 (I’m already at 0/3/0)
- Post a nurses week promotion
- Read 1 chapter of Miracle Morning
- Begin writing down the target market